Coffee Innovation Fund: Data Protection Notice
Data protection statement for participants in the Coffee Innovation Fund Idea Competition on storage and use of personal data by GIZ in Germany, Programme for Sustainable Agricultural Supply Chains and Standards
GIZ takes the protection of personal data very seriously. This declaration explains what personal data is stored and what it is used for.
- Data processing is the responsibility of the Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) GmbH.
Registered office of the company:
Friedrich-Ebert-Allee 36 + 40, 53113 Bonn
Dag-Hammarskjöld-Weg 1 – 5, 65760 Eschborn
- The personal data specified in the application process through the application form (name of contact person, phone number, e-mail address) that is required for the purpose of contacting you and processing your application within GIZ will be stored on GIZ servers and is used for coordinating of capacities.
- The data will be used solely for the purpose of processing your application and contacting you for follow-ups regarding the Coffee Innovation Fund.
- The legal basis for processing is the consent to this statement.
- The data will be used exclusively for the purposes described in the statement. Any other use will always be subject to further consent. Your data will not be used for advertising purposes.
- GIZ uses appropriate technical and organisational measures to secure data against unintentional or intentional falsification, destruction, loss or access by unauthorised persons. Access to your personal data is restricted to GIZ staff who need to process it for the above-mentioned purpose(s), and who will handle the information you provide in a proper and confidential manner.
Rights of data subjects
You are entitled to enquire about your personal data, have the data corrected if necessary, and ask for processing to be restricted or data to be erased. The data will then be removed from our system. The consent given to use personal data can also be revoked at any time. This does not affect the lawfulness of processing up to the time of revocation.
In the case of revocation, it is not possible to participate in the Coffee Innovation Fund.
To revoke consent, please send an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Should you have any questions or complaints relating to this statement or the processing, you can contact the GIZ data protection officer at the following email address: email@example.com.
You have the right to approach the data protection authorities with complaints. The authority responsible is the German Federal Commissioner for Data Protection and Freedom of Information (BfDI).